18 CFR 45.1 - Applicability; who must file.
(a) This part applies to any person seeking to hold the following interlocking positions:
(1) Officer or director of more than one public utility;
(2) Officer or director of a public utility and of any bank, trust company, banking association, or firm that is authorized by law to underwrite or participate in the marketing of securities of a public utility; or
(3) Officer or director of a public utility and of any company supplying electrical equipment to a public utility.
(b) Any person seeking to hold any interlocking position described in § 45.2 of this chapter must do the following:
(1) Apply for Commission authorization under § 45.8 of this chapter; or
(2) If qualified, comply with the requirements for automatic authorization under § 45.9 of this chapter.