18 CFR 701.309 - Appeal of initial adverse determination.
(b) The appeal will be in writing and will:
(1) Name the individual making the appeal;
(2) Identify the record sought to be amended;
(4) Contain a short statement describing the amendment sought; and
(c) Not later than 30 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays) after the date on which the Council received the appeal, the Director will complete his review of the appeal and make a final decision thereon. However, for good cause shown, the Director may extend that 30 day period by not more than an additional 30 working days. If the Director so extends the period, he will promptly notify the individual requesting the review that the extension has been made and the reasons therefor.
(d) After review of an appeal request, the agency will send a written notice to the requester containing the following information:
(1) The decision and, if the denial is upheld, the reasons for the decision; and
(2) The specific civil remedies available to the requester as per section 2(g) of Pub. L. 93-579, as well as notice that additional remedies may be appropriate and available to enable the full exercise of the requester's rights at law.