19 CFR 10.178 - Direct costs of processing operations performed in the beneficiary developing country.
(a)Items included in the direct costs of processing operations. As used in § 10.176, the words “direct costs of processing operations” means those costs either directly incurred in, or which can be reasonably allocated to, the growth, production, manufacture, or assembly of the specific merchandise under consideration. Such costs include, but are not limited to:
(1) All actual labor costs involved in the growth, production, manufacture, or assembly of the specific merchandise, including fringe benefits, on-the-job training, and the cost of engineering, supervisory, quality control, and similar personnel;
(2) Dies, molds, tooling, and depreciation on machinery and equipment which are allocable to the specific merchandise;
(3) Research, development, design, engineering, and blueprint costs insofar as they are allocable to the specific merchandise; and
(4) Costs of inspecting and testing the specific merchandise.
(b)Items not included in the direct costs of processing operations. Those items which are not included within the meaning of the words “direct costs of processing operations” are those which are not directly attributable to the merchandise under consideration or are not “costs” of manufacturing the product. These include, but are not limited to:
(1) Profit; and
(2) General expenses of doing business which are either not allocable to the specific merchandise or are not related to the growth, production, manufacture, or assembly of the merchandise, such as administrative salaries, casualty and liability insurance, advertising, and salesmen's salaries, commissions, or expenses.
Title 19 published on 2015-11-19
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 19 CFR Part 10 after this date.
- 19 CFR 143.23 — Form of Entry.
- 19 CFR 10.171 — General.
- 19 CFR 10.177 — Cost or Value of Materials Produced in the Beneficiary Developing Country.
- 19 CFR 10.172 — Claim for Exemption From Duty Under the Generalized System of Preferences.
- 19 CFR 10.175 — Imported Directly Defined.
- 19 CFR 10.178a — Special Duty-Free Treatment for Sub-Saharan African Countries.
Title 19 published on 2015-11-19.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 19.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.