2 CFR 25.305 - Award.
(a) Award, for the purposes of this part, means an award of Federal financial assistance that a non-Federal entity described in § 25.110(a) receives or administers in the form of -
(1) A grant;
(2) A cooperative agreement (which does not include a cooperative research and development agreement pursuant to the Federal Technology Transfer Act of 1986, as amended (15 U.S.C. 3710a));
(3) A loan;
(4) A loan guarantee;
(5) A subsidy;
(7) Food commodities;
(8) A direct appropriation;
(9) Assessed or voluntary contributions; or
(10) Any other financial assistance transaction that authorizes the non-Federal entity's expenditure of Federal funds.
(b) An Award does not include:
(1) Technical assistance, which provides services in lieu of money; and
(2) A transfer of title to Federally owned property provided in lieu of money, even if the award is called a grant.
Title 2 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 2 CFR Part 25 after this date.