20 CFR 218.8 - When an individual may change the annuity beginning date.
(a)Before annuity is awarded. A claimant may change the annuity beginning date if -
(1) The claimant requests the change in a signed statement; and
(b)After annuity is awarded. An award can be reopened to change the annuity beginning date to a later date if -
(1) The annuitant requests the change in a signed statement;
(2) The statement is received by the Board on or before the date of the annuitant's death;
(3) The annuitant shows that it is to his or her advantage to have a later annuity beginning date; and
(4) All payments made for the period before the later annuity beginning date are recovered by cash refund or setoff.