§ 229.22 Beginning date of increase under overall minimum.
(a)Employee age O/M. An increase under the overall minimum in an employee annuity based on age can be paid beginning with the later of:
(1) The first day of the first full month throughout which the employee is age 62; or
(2) The beginning date of the employee's age or disability annuity; or
(3) The first month of the quarter in which the employee becomes insured under section 214 or 227 of the Social Security Act based on railroad and social security earnings; or
(4) The month the employee attains retirement age, if a DIB O/M was paid in the previous month. A DIB O/M is changed to an age O/M in the month the employee attains retirement age.
(b)Employee DIB O/M. An increase under the overall minimum in an employee annuity based on disability can be paid beginning with the later of -
(1) The beginning date of the employee's disability annuity; or
(2) The month after the month in which the disability waiting period described in § 404.315(d) of this title ends; or
(3) If no disability waiting period is required, the first month in which the employee is disabled and is insured for a disability benefit under § 404.130 of this title.
(c)Spouse. An increase in a spouse annuity under the overall minimum can be paid on the later of:
(1) The date the increase in the employee's annuity is paid; or
(2) The date the spouse is both eligible under the O/M and entitled to a spouse annuity.