20 CFR 403.130 - What factors may the Commissioner consider in determining whether SSA will grant your application for testimony?
In deciding whether to authorize the testimony of an SSA employee, the Commissioner will consider applicable law and factors relating to your need and the burden to SSA. The considerations include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) Risk of law violation or compromise of Government privilege.
(2) Would providing the testimony put confidential, sensitive, or privileged information at risk?
(b) Burden on SSA.
(2) Would the testimony be available in a less burdensome form or from another source?
(3) Would the testimony be limited to the purpose of the request?
(c) Interests served by allowing testimony.
(3) Is another government agency involved in the proceeding?
(4) Do you need the testimony to prevent fraud or similar misconduct?
(5) Would providing the testimony be necessary to prevent a miscarriage of justice or to preserve the rights of an accused individual to due process in a criminal proceeding?