20 CFR 405.505 - Extension of time to file a civil action.

§ 405.505 Extension of time to file a civil action.

If you have received our final decision, you may request that we extend the time for seeking judicial review in a Federal district court. Your request must be in writing and explain why the action was not filed, or cannot be filed, on time. You must file your request with the Appeals Council. If you show that you have good cause for missing the deadline, we will extend the time period. We will use the standards in § 405.20 of this part to determine if you have good cause for an extension of time.

[71 FR 16446, Mar. 31, 2006, as amended at 76 FR 24810, May 3, 2011]

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code

Title 20 published on 02-Jun-2018 03:57

The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 20 CFR Part 405 after this date.

  • 2016-12-16; vol. 81 # 242 - Friday, December 16, 2016
    1. 81 FR 90987 - Ensuring Program Uniformity at the Hearing and Appeals Council Levels of the Administrative Review Process
      GPO FDSys XML | Text
      Final rule.
      This final rule will be effective on January 17, 2017. However, compliance is not required until May 1, 2017.
      20 CFR Parts 404, 405 and 416