20 CFR 416.202 - Who may get SSI benefits.
You are eligible for SSI benefits if you meet all of the following requirements:
(a) You are -
(1) Aged 65 or older (subpart H);
(2) Blind (subpart I); or
(3) Disabled (subpart I).
(b) You are a resident of the United States (§ 416.1603), and -
(1) A citizen or a national of the United States (§ 416.1610);
(2) An alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States (§ 416.1615);
(3) An alien permanently residing in the United States under color of law (§ 416.1618); or
(4) A child of armed forces personnel living overseas as described in § 416.216.
(c) You do not have more income than is permitted (subparts K and D).
(d) You do not have more resources than are permitted (subpart L).
(e) You are disabled, drug addiction or alcoholism is a contributing factor material to the determination of disability (see § 416.935), and you have not previously received a total of 36 months of Social Security benefit payments when appropriate treatment was available or 36 months of SSI benefits on the basis of disability where drug addiction or alcoholism was a contributing factor material to the determination of disability.
(f) You are not -
(1) Fleeing to avoid prosecution for a crime, or an attempt to commit a crime, which is a felony under the laws of the place from which you flee (or which, in the case of the State of New Jersey, is a high misdemeanor under the laws of that State);
(2) Fleeing to avoid custody or confinement after conviction for a crime, or an attempt to commit a crime, which is a felony under the laws of the place from which you flee (or which, in the case of the State of New Jersey, is a high misdemeanor under the laws of that State); or
(3) Violating a condition of probation or parole imposed under Federal or State law.
(g) You file an application for SSI benefits (subpart C).
Title 20 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 20 CFR Part 416 after this date.