20 CFR 422.301 - Scope of this subpart.
(a) Except as provided in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, this subpart describes the procedures relating to collection of:
(1) Overdue administrative debts, and
(2) Overdue program overpayments described in §§ 404.527 and 416.590 of this chapter.
(b) This subpart does not apply to administrative debts owed by employees of the Social Security Administration, including, but not limited to, overpayment of pay and allowances.
(c) The following exceptions apply only to Federal salary offset as described in § 422.310(a)(1).
(1) We will not use this subpart to collect a debt while the debtor's disability benefits are stopped during the reentitlement period, under § 404.1592a(a)(2) of this chapter, because the debtor is engaging in substantial gainful activity.
(2) We will not use this subpart to collect a debt while the debtor's Medicare entitlement is continued because the debtor is deemed to be entitled to disability benefits under section 226(b) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 426(b)).
(3) We will not use this subpart to collect a debt if the debtor has decided to participate in the Ticket to Work and Self-Sufficiency Program and the debtor's ticket is in use as described in §§ 411.170 through 411.225 of this chapter.
Title 20 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 20 CFR Part 422 after this date.