20 CFR 636.7 - Subpoenas.
(1) The Department, through the appropriate Assistant Secretary, may issue a subpoena directing the person named therein to appear before a designated representative at a designated time and place to verify or to produce documentary evidence, or both, relating to any matter arising under the Act being investigated. The Assistant Secretary, Solicitor or the Associate Solicitor for Employment and Training Legal Services, for good cause shown, may extend the time prescribed for compliance with such subpoenas.
(2) Any motion to limit or quash any investigational subpoena shall be filed with the Chief Administrative Law Judge within 10 days after service of the subpoena, or, if the return date is less than 10 days after service of the subpoena, within such other time as may be allowed by the assigned Administrative Law Judge.
(3) The timely filing of a motion to limit or quash an investigational subpoena shall stay the requirement of a return on the portion challenged. If the Administrative Law Judge rules subsequent to the return date, and the ruling denies the motion in whole or in part, the Administrative Law Judge shall specify a new return date.
(4) All motions to limit or quash subpoenas, and the responses thereto, shall be part of the public record of the Office of the Administrative Law Judges except as otherwise ordered or provided under these regulations.
(1) In cases of failure to comply with compulsory processes, appropriate action may be initiated including actions for enforcement, forfeiture, penalties or criminal actions.
(i) Institute in the appropriate district court on behalf of the Department an enforcement proceeding in connection with the failure or refusal of a person, partnership, corporation, recipient or other entity to comply with or to obey a subpoena if the return date or any extension thereof has passed; or
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.