20 CFR 645.400 - Under what conditions may the Governor request a waiver to designate an alternate local administering agency?
(1) The Governor may include in the State's WtW Plan a waiver request to select an agency other than the local board or PIC to administer the program for one or more local areas or SDA's in a State; or
(2) When the Governor determines the local board or alternate administering agency has not coordinated its expenditures with the expenditure of funds provided to the State under TANF, pursuant to section 403(a)(5)(A)(vii)(II) of the Act, the Governor must request a waiver.
(b) The Governor shall bear the burden of proving that the designated alternate administering agency, rather than the local board or other alternate administering agency, would improve the effectiveness or efficiency of the administration of WtW funds in the SDA. The Governor's waiver request shall include information to meet that burden. The Governor shall provide a copy of the waiver request and any supporting information submitted to the Secretary to the local board and CEO of the local area for which an alternative administering agency is requested.
(c) The local board and CEO shall have fifteen (15) days in which to submit his or her written response to the Department. The local board and CEO shall provide a copy of such response to the Governor.
(d) The Secretary will assess the waiver information submitted by the Governor, including input from the local board and CEO in reaching the decision whether to permit the use of an alternate administering agency.
(e) The Secretary shall approve a waiver request if she determines that the Governor has established that the designated alternate administering agency, rather than the local board or other administering agency, will improve the effectiveness or efficiency of the administration of WtW funds provided for the benefit of the local area.
(f) Where an alternate administering agency is approved by the Secretary, such administrative entity shall coordinate with the CEO for the applicable local area(s) regarding the expenditure of WtW grant funds in the local area(s).
(g) The decision of the Secretary to approve or deny a waiver request will be issued promptly and shall constitute final agency action.
- 20 CFR 645.210 — What Is Meant by the Terms “entity” and “project” in the Statutory Phrase “an Entity That Operates a Project” With Welfare-To-Work Funds?
- 20 CFR 645.415 — What Planning Information Must a State Submit in Order to Receive a Formula Grant?
- 20 CFR 645.425 — What Are the Roles and Responsibilities of the State(s) and Local Boards or Alternate Administering Agencies?
- 20 CFR 645.120 — What Definitions Apply to This Part?
Title 20 published on 2015-11-18.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 20 CFR Part 645.