20 CFR 661.335 - What is a youth council, and what is its relationship to the Local Board?
(a) A youth council must be established as a subgroup within each Local Board.
(b) The membership of each youth council must include:
(1) Members of the Local Board, such as educators, which may include special education personnel, employers, and representatives of human service agencies, who have special interest or expertise in youth policy;
(2) Members who represent service agencies, such as juvenile justice and local law enforcement agencies;
(3) Members who represent local public housing authorities;
(4) Parents of eligible youth seeking assistance under subtitle B of title I of WIA;
(5) Individuals, including former participants, and members who represent organizations, that have experience relating to youth activities; and
(6) Members who represent the Job Corps, if a Job Corps Center is located in the local area represented by the council.
(c) Youth councils may include other individuals, who the chair of the Local Board, in cooperation with the chief elected official, determines to be appropriate.
(d) Members of the youth council who are not members of the Local Board must be voting members of the youth council and nonvoting members of the Local Board.