20 CFR 668.340 - What are INA grantee allowable activities?
(a) The INA grantee may provide any services consistent with the purposes of this section that are necessary to meet the needs of Native Americans preparing to enter, reenter, or retain unsubsidized employment. (WIA sec. 166(d)(1)(B).) Comprehensive workforce investment activities authorized under WIA section 166(d)(2) include:
(b) Core services, which must be delivered in partnership with the One-Stop delivery system, include:
(8) Provision of employment statistics information and local, regional, and national Labor Market Information;
(13) Provision of performance and cost information relating to training providers and training services; and
(3) Programs that combine workplace training with related instruction, which may include cooperative education programs;
(8) Adult basic education, GED attainment, literacy training, and English language training, provided alone or in combination with training or intensive services described paragraphs (c)(1) through (11) and (d)(1) through (10) of this section;
(9) Customized training conducted with a commitment by an employer or group of employers to employ an individual upon successful completion of training; and
(e) Allowable activities specifically designed for youth are identified in section 129 of the Act and include:
(7) Preparation for postsecondary education, academic and occupational learning, unsubsidized employment opportunities, and other effective connections to intermediaries with strong links to the job market and local and regional employers;
(10) Summer employment opportunities that are directly linked to academic and occupational learning;
(13) Leadership development opportunities, as defined in 20 CFR 664.420;
(14) Follow-up services, as defined in 20 CFR 664.450;
(15) Comprehensive guidance and counseling, which may include drug and alcohol abuse counseling and referral; and
(4) Establishment of management training programs to support tribal administration or enterprises; and
(5) Establishment of linkages with remedial education, such as Adult Basic Education (ABE), basic literacy training, and English-as-a-second-language (ESL) training programs, as necessary.
(g) Participants may be enrolled in more than one activity at a time and may be sequentially enrolled in multiple activities.
(h) INA grantees may provide any services which may be carried out by fund recipients under any provisions of the Act. (WIA sec. 166(d).)
Title 20 published on 2012-04-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 20 CFR Part 668.