20 CFR § 679.150 - Under what circumstances may the Governor select an alternative entity in place of the State Workforce Development Board?
(1) A State council;
(3) A combination of regional WDBs or similar entity.
(1) Was in existence on the day before the date of enactment of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA);
(c) If the alternative entity does not provide representatives for each of the categories required under WIOA sec. 101(b), the State Plan must explain the manner in which the State will ensure an ongoing role for any unrepresented membership group in the workforce development system. The State WDB must maintain an ongoing and meaningful role for an unrepresented membership group, including entities carrying out the core programs, by such methods as:
(1) Regularly scheduled consultations with entities within the unrepresented membership groups;
(2) Providing an opportunity for input into the State Plan or other policy development by unrepresented membership groups; and
(3) Establishing an advisory committee of unrepresented membership groups.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.