20 CFR 802.208 - Contents of notice of appeal.
(a) A notice of appeal shall contain the following information:
(1) The full name and address of the pettioner;
(2) The full name of the injured, disabled, or deceased employee;
(3) The full names and addresses of all other parties, including, among others, beneficiaries, employers, coal mine operators, and insurance carriers where appropriate;
(4) The case file number which appears on the decision or order of the administrative law judge;
(5) The claimant's OWCP file number;
(6) The date of filing of the decision or order being appealed;
(7) Whether a motion for reconsideration of the decision or order of the administrative law judge has been filed by any party, the date such motion was filed, and whether the administrative law judge has acted on such motion for reconsideration (see § 802.206);
(8) The name and address of the attorney or other person, if any, who is representing the petitioner.
(b) Paragraph (a) of this section notwithstanding, any written communication which reasonably permits identification of the decision from which an appeal is sought and the parties affected or aggrieved thereby, shall be sufficient notice for purposes of § 802.205.
(c) In the event that identification of the case is not possible from the information submitted, the Clerk of the Board shall so notify the petitioner and shall give the petitioner a reasonable time to produce sufficient information to permit identification of the case. For purposes of § 802.205, the notice shall be deemed to have been filed as of the date the insufficient information was received.