21 CFR 1311.150 - Additional requirements for internal application audits.
(a) The application provider must establish and implement a list of auditable events. Auditable events must, at a minimum, include the following:
(1) Attempted unauthorized access to the electronic prescription application, or successful unauthorized access where the determination of such is feasible.
(2) Attempted unauthorized modification or destruction of any information or records required by this part, or successful unauthorized modification or destruction of any information or records required by this part where the determination of such is feasible.
(3) Interference with application operations of the prescription application.
(4) Any setting of or change to logical access controls related to the issuance of controlled substance prescriptions.
(5) Attempted or successful interference with audit trail functions.
(6) For application service providers, attempted or successful creation, modification, or destruction of controlled substance prescriptions or logical access controls related to controlled substance prescriptions by any agent or employee of the application service provider.
(c) Any person designated to set logical access controls under §§ 1311.125 or 1311.130 must determine whether any identified auditable event represents a security incident that compromised or could have compromised the integrity of the prescription records. Any such incidents must be reported to the electronic prescription application provider and the Administration within one business day.