21 CFR 1315.02 - Definitions.
(a) Except as specified in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, any term contained in this part shall have the definition set forth in section 102 of the Act ( 21 U.S.C. 802) or part 1300 of this chapter.
(b) The term net disposal means, for a stated period, the sum of paragraphs (b)(1) through (b)(3) of this section minus the sum of paragraphs (b)(4) and (b)(5) of this section:
(1) The quantity of ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or phenylpropanolamine distributed by the registrant to another person.
(2) The quantity of that chemical used by the registrant in the production of (or converted by the registrant into) another chemical or product.
(3) The quantity of that chemical otherwise disposed of by the registrant.
(4) The quantity of that chemical returned to the registrant by any purchaser.
(5) The quantity of that chemical distributed by the registrant to a registered manufacturer of that chemical for purposes other than use in the production of, or conversion into, another chemical or in the manufacture of dosage forms of that chemical.
(c) Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine include their salts, optical isomers, and salts of optical isomers.