21 CFR 172.620 - Carrageenan.
(a) The food additive is the refined hydrocolloid prepared by aqueous extraction from the following members of the families Gigartinaceae and Solieriaceae of the class Rodophyceae (red seaweed):
(b) The food additive conforms to the following conditions:
(1) It is a sulfated polysaccharide the dominant hexose units of which are galactose and anhydrogalactose.
(2) Range of sulfate content: 20 percent to 40 percent on a dry-weight basis.
- 9 CFR 424.21 — Use of Food Ingredients and Sources of Radiation.
- 21 CFR 176.170 — Components of Paper and Paperboard in Contact With Aqueous and Fatty Foods.
- 21 CFR 139.121 — Nonfat Milk Macaroni Products.
- 21 CFR 172.623 — Carrageenan With Polysorbate 80.
- 21 CFR 139.122 — Enriched Nonfat Milk Macaroni Products.
- 21 CFR 172.626 — Salts of Carrageenan.
- 40 CFR 180.930 — Inert Ingredients Applied to Animals; Exemptions From the Requirement of a Tolerance.
- 40 CFR 180.910 — Inert Ingredients Used Pre- And Post-Harvest; Exemptions From the Requirement of a Tolerance.