21 CFR 211.101 - Charge-in of components.
Written production and control procedures shall include the following, which are designed to assure that the drug products produced have the identity, strength, quality, and purity they purport or are represented to possess:
(b) Components for drug product manufacturing shall be weighed, measured, or subdivided as appropriate. If a component is removed from the original container to another, the new container shall be identified with the following information:
(1) Component name or item code;
(2) Receiving or control number;
(3) Weight or measure in new container;
(4) Batch for which component was dispensed, including its product name, strength, and lot number.
(c) Weighing, measuring, or subdividing operations for components shall be adequately supervised. Each container of component dispensed to manufacturing shall be examined by a second person to assure that:
(1) The component was released by the quality control unit;
(2) The weight or measure is correct as stated in the batch production records;
(3) The containers are properly identified. If the weighing, measuring, or subdividing operations are performed by automated equipment under § 211.68, only one person is needed to assure paragraphs (c)(1), (c)(2), and (c)(3) of this section.
Title 21 published on 10-May-2017 03:43
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 21 CFR Part 211 after this date.