21 CFR 522.842 - Estradiol benzoate and testosterone propionate.
(a) Sponsors. See sponsors in § 510.600(c) of this chapter for use as in paragraph (c) of this section.
(1) No. 054771 for use as in paragraph (c)(1)(i), (c)(2), and (c)(3) of this section.
(2) No. 000986 for use as in paragraph (c) of this section.
(b) Related tolerances. See §§ 556.240 and 556.710 of this chapter.
(c) Conditions of use. For implantation in heifers as follows:
(1) Amount. (i) 20 milligrams (mg) estradiol benzoate and 200 mg testosterone propionate (one implant consisting of 8 pellets, each pellet containing 2.5 mg estradiol benzoate and 25 mg testosterone propionate) per implant dose.
(ii) 20 mg estradiol benzoate and 200 mg testosterone propionate (one implant consisting of 9 pellets, each of 8 pellets containing 2.5 mg estradiol benzoate and 25 mg testosterone propionate, and 1 pellet containing 29 mg tylosin tartrate) per implant dose.
(2) Indications for use. For increased rate of weight gain and improved feed efficiency.
(3) Limitations. For heifers weighing 400 pounds or more; for subcutaneous ear implantation, one dose per animal; not for use in dairy or beef replacement heifers. Safety and effectiveness have not been established in veal calves. A withdrawal period has not been established for this product in preruminating calves. Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.
Title 21 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 21 CFR Part 522 after this date.