21 CFR 556.113 - Ceftiofur.
(a) Acceptable daily intake and acceptable single-dose intake -
(1) Acceptable daily intake (ADI). The ADI for total residues of ceftiofur is 30 micrograms per kilogram of body weight per day.
(2) Acceptable single-dose intake (ASDI). The ASDI total residues of ceftiofur is 0.830 milligrams per kilogram of body weight. The ASDI is the amount of total residues of ceftiofur that may safely be consumed in a single meal. The ASDI is used to derive the tolerance for residues of desfuroylceftiofur at the injection site.
(b) Tolerances -
(1) Poultry, and sheep. A tolerance for residues of ceftiofur in edible tissue is not required.
(2) Swine. The tolerances for desfuroylceftiofur (marker residue) are:
(i) Kidney (target tissue). 0.25 parts per million (ppm).
(ii) Liver. 3 ppm.
(iii) Muscle. 2 ppm.
(3) Cattle. The tolerances for desfuroylceftiofur (marker residue) are:
(i) Kidney (target tissue). 0.4 ppm.
(ii) Liver. 2 ppm.
(iii) Muscle. 1 ppm.
(iv) Milk. 0.1 ppm.
Title 21 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 21 CFR Part 556 after this date.