22 CFR § 123.3 - Temporary import licenses.

§ 123.3 Temporary import licenses.

(a) A license (DSP–61) issued by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls is required for the temporary import and subsequent export of unclassified defense articles, unless exempted from this requirement pursuant to § 123.4. This requirement applies to:

(1) Temporary imports of unclassified defense articles that are to be returned directly to the country from which they were shipped to the United States;

(2) Temporary imports of unclassified defense articles in transit to a third country;

(b) A bond may be required as appropriate (see part 125 of this subchapter for license requirements for technical data and classified defense articles.)

(c) A DSP–61 license may be obtained by a U.S. importer in satisfaction of § 123.4(c)(4) of this subchapter. If a foreign exporter requires documentation for a permanent import, the U.S. importer must contact the Department of Justice's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for the appropriate documentation. A DSP–61 will not be approved to support permanent import requirements.

[58 FR 39299, July 22, 1993, as amended at 71 FR 20540, Apr. 21, 2006; 77 FR 22670, Apr. 17, 2012]