22 CFR 1507.7 - Contents of records systems.
(a) The Foundation will maintain in its records only such information about an individual as is accurate, relevant, and necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was acquired as authorized by statute or Executive Order.
(b) The Foundation will collect information, to the greatest extent practicable, directly from the individual to whom the record pertains when the information may result in adverse determinations about the individual's rights, benefits and privileges under Federal programs.
(c) The Foundation will inform each individual whom it asks to supply information on any form which it uses to collect the information, or on a separate form that can be retained by the individual, of:
(1) The authority which authorizes the solicitation of the information and whether provision of such information is mandatory or voluntary;
(2) The purpose or purposes for which the information is intended to be used;
(3) The routine uses which may be made of the information, as published pursuant to paragraph (d) of this section; and
(4) The effects on the individual, if any, of not providing all or any part of the requested information.
(d) Subject to the provisions of paragraph (k) of this section, the Foundation will publish in the Federal Register, at least a notice of the existence and character of its sytem(s) of records upon establishment or revision. This notice will include:
(1) The name and location of the system or systems;
(2) The categories of individuals on whom records are maintained in the system or systems;
(3) The categories of records maintained in the system or sytems;
(4) Each routine use of the records contained in the system or systems, including the categories of users, and the purpose of such use;
(6) The title and business address of the Foundation official or officials responsible for the system or systems of records;
(8) The Foundation's procedures whereby an individual can be notified at him or her request how he or she can gain access to any record pertaining to him or her contained in the system or systems of records, and how he or she can contest its content; and
(9) The categories of sources of records in the system or systems.
(e) All records used by the Foundation in making any determination about any individual will be maintained with such accuracy, relevance, timeliness, and completeness as is reasonably necessary to assure fairness to the individual in the determination.
(f) Before disseminating any record about an individual to any person other than an agency or pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552, the Foundation will make reasonable efforts to assure that such records are accurate, complete, timely, and relevant for Foundation purposes.
(g) The Foundation will maintain no record describing how any individual exercises rights guaranteed by the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States unless expressly authorized by statute or by the individual about whom the record is maintained, or unless pertinent to, and within the scope of, an authorized law enforcement activity.
(h) The Foundation will establish rules of conduct for persons involved in the design, development, operation, or maintenance of any system of records, or in maintaining any record. Each such person will be instructed regarding such rules and the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 552a. The instruction will include any other rules and procedures adopted pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552a, and the penalties provided for noncompliance.
(i) The Foundation will establish appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to insure the security and confidentiality of records and to protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to their security or integrity which could result in substantial harm, embarrassment, inconvenience, or unfairness to any individual on whom information is maintained.
(j) At least 30 days prior to the publication of the notice in the Federal Register regarding the routine use of the records contained in the Foundation's system or systems of records, including the categories of users and the purpose of such use pursuant to paragraph (d) of this section, the Foundation will also:
(1) Publish a notice in the Federal Register of any new or revised use of the information in the system or systems maintained by the Foundation; and
(2) Provide an opportunity for interested persons to submit written data, views, or arguments to the Foundation.
Title 22 published on 2015-11-25.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 22 CFR Part 1507.