22 CFR 19.6-3 - Application for payment.
(a) To receive payment from the Fund pursuant to a court award, the beneficiary must submit an application in writing to the Chief of the Retirement Division (PER/ER/RET), Department of State, Washington, DC 20520. The application must be typed or printed, signed by the beneficiary, and include -
(1) The full name, date of birth, current address and current marital status of the beneficiary;
(2) Full name and date of birth of the participant or former participant and his/her date of birth or other identifying information;
(3) Relationship to the beneficiary, and if a spouse or former spouse, date of marriage to and/or divorce from the participant;
(4) A statement that the court order has not been amended, superseded, or set aside;
(b) When payments are subject to termination upon the occurrence of a condition subsequent, such as marriage, remarriage or termination of schooling, or death of the principal, no payment will be made until the beneficiary submits a statement to PER/ER/RET that -
(1) The condition has not occured;
(2) He/she will notify the Department (PER/ER/RET) within 15 calendar days of the occurrence of the condition subsequent; and
(3) He/she will be personally liable for any overpayment to him/her resulting from the occurrence of the condition subsequent. PER/ER/RET may require periodic recertification of these statements.