22 CFR 19.9-2 - Commencement and termination.
(a) The pension of a former spouse under this subsection commences on the latter of the day the principal becomes entitled to a Foreign Service annuity or on the first day of the month in which the divorce becomes final. (Suspension or reduction of a Foreign Service annuity because or reemployment does not affect the commencement of a pension to a former spouse.) In the case of any former spouse of a disability annuitant, the pension of such former spouse shall commence on the latter of:
(1) The date the principal would qualify for an annuity (other than a disability annuity) on the basis of his/her creditable service;
(2) The date the disability annuity begins; or
(3) The first of the month in which the divorce becomes final.
(b) The pension of a former spouse and the right thereto terminate on:
(1) The last day of the month before the former spouse dies or remarries before 60 years of age; or
(2) The date the annuity of the former participant terminates unless the termination results from recall, reappointment or reinstatement in the Foreign Service or reemployment in Government service.
Title 22 published on 2015-11-25.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 22 CFR Part 19.