22 CFR 19.9-2 - Commencement and termination.
(a) The pension of a former spouse under this subsection commences on the latter of the day the principal becomes entitled to a Foreign Service annuity or on the first day of the month in which the divorce becomes final. (Suspension or reduction of a Foreign Service annuity because or reemployment does not affect the commencement of a pension to a former spouse.) In the case of any former spouse of a disability annuitant, the pension of such former spouse shall commence on the latter of:
(1) The date the principal would qualify for an annuity (other than a disability annuity) on the basis of his/her creditable service;
(2) The date the disability annuity begins; or
(3) The first of the month in which the divorce becomes final.
(b) The pension of a former spouse and the right thereto terminate on:
(1) The last day of the month before the former spouse dies or remarries before 60 years of age; or
(2) The date the annuity of the former participant terminates unless the termination results from recall, reappointment or reinstatement in the Foreign Service or reemployment in Government service.