22 CFR 203.4 - U.S. PVO initial documentation requirements.
(a) So that USAID can determine whether an applicant meets the Conditions of Registration, an application must be submitted in duplicate. The application instructions and forms packet are available at USAID Web site http://www.usaid.gov Keyword: PVO Registration. The completed application must include:
(1) A cover letter with
(i) The reason for applying for registration; and
(ii) A description of current or intended overseas program activities;
(2) Articles of incorporation on state letterhead with state seal and authorizing state official's signature;
(3) Bylaws establishing the applicant's corporate structure;
(4) IRS Form 990 and a copy of an IRS letter of tax exemption;
(5) Audited financial statements for the most recent fiscal year prepared on an accrual basis in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) by an independent certified public accountant (CPA); an Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-133 audit, if applicable;
(6) Annual report or similar document that describes overall program activities for the same year as the audit, including a list of board members;
(7) AID Form 1550-2, PVO Annual Return; and
(8) AID Form 200-1, PVO Classification Form.
(b) In addition, each applicant must submit such other information as USAID may reasonably require to determine whether the organization meets the Conditions of Registration.
(c) USAID may revise this list of documents from time to time.
(d) Other USAID officials may request information similar to that submitted under these regulations for other purposes; for example, to determine an organization's eligibility for a particular grant or cooperative agreement.
(e) The completed application must be sent in duplicate to the USAID Registrar, Office of Private Voluntary Cooperation - American Schools & Hospitals Abroad, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20523-7600.