22 CFR § 62.7 - Redesignation.
(a) Sponsors must file for redesignation no more than six months and no fewer than three months before the designation expiration date as set forth in the sponsor's letter of designation or its most recent letter of redesignation.
(1) A completed copy of Form DS-3036, signed by the sponsor's Chief Financial Officer, President or other executive with legal authority to make commitments on behalf of the sponsor (as identified in the organization's governing documents);
(2) Required supporting documentation and certifications as set forth in paragraph (c); and
(3) Confirmation of payment of the required non-refundable application fee through pay.gov as set forth in § 62.17.
(c) The complete application must include the following supporting documentation and certifications:
(1) A copy of the most recent year-end financial statements;
(3) A list of the names, addresses and citizenship or legal permanent resident status of the current members of its Board of Directors or the Board of Trustees or other like body, vested with the management of the organization or partnership, and/or the percentage of stocks/shares held, as applicable;
(4) For a non-profit organization, a signed copy of the sponsor's most recent Form 990 filed with the Internal Revenue Service;
(5) A statement signed by the Chief Executive Officer, President, or other executive with legal authority to make commitments on behalf of the sponsor (as identified in the organization's governing documents) certifying that the sponsor has completed timely criminal background checks since the date of the last designation or redesignation letter on the Responsible Officer and all Alternate Responsible Officers and has determined their suitability for these positions; and
(6) Such additional information or documentation that the Department of State may deem necessary to evaluate the application.
(d) Upon its favorable determination that a sponsor meets all statutory and regulatory requirements, the Department of State may, in its sole discretion, redesignate the organization as an Exchange Visitor Program sponsor for one or two years. A sponsor seeking re-designation may continue to operate its program(s) until such time as the Department of State notifies it of a decision to approve, amend or terminate its designation.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.