24 CFR 100.304 - Housing for persons who are 55 years of age or older.
(a) The provisions regarding familial status in this part shall not apply to housing intended and operated for persons 55 years of age or older. Housing qualifies for this exemption if:
(1) The alleged violation occurred before December 28, 1995 and the housing community or facility complied with the HUD regulations in effect at the time of the alleged violation; or
(2) The alleged violation occurred on or after December 28, 1995 and the housing community or facility complies with:
(i) Section 807(b)(2)(C) (42 U.S.C. 3607(b)) of the Fair Housing Act as amended; and
(b) For purposes of this subpart, housing facility or community means any dwelling or group of dwelling units governed by a common set of rules, regulations or restrictions. A portion or portions of a single building shall not constitute a housing facility or community. Examples of a housing facility or community include, but are not limited to:
(1) A condominium association;
(2) A cooperative;
(3) A property governed by a homeowners' or resident association;
(4) A municipally zoned area;
(5) A leased property under common private ownership;
(6) A mobile home park; and
(7) A manufactured housing community.
(c) For purposes of this subpart, older person means a person 55 years of age or older.
Title 24 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 100 after this date.