24 CFR 16.6 - Initial denial of access.
(a) Grounds. Access by an individual to a record which pertains to that individual will be denied only upon a determination by the Privacy Act Officer that:
(1) The record is subject to an exemption under § 16.14, § 16.15 or to an exemption determined by another agency noticing the system of records;
(2) The record is information compiled in reasonable anticipation of a civil action or proceeding; or
(3) The individual unreasonably has failed to comply with the procedural requirements of this part.
(b) Notification. The Privacy Act Officer shall give notice of denial of access to records to the individual in writing and shall include the following information:
(1) The Privacy Act Officer's name and title or position;
(2) The date of the denial;
(3) The reasons for the denial, including citation to the appropriate section of the Act and/or this part;
(4) The individual's opportunities, if any, for further administrative consideration, including the identity and address of the appropriate Privacy Appeals Officer. If no further administrative consideration within the Department is available, the notice shall state that the denial is administratively final; and,