24 CFR 17.85 - Coordinating offset with another Federal agency.

§ 17.85 Coordinating offset with another Federal agency.

(a)When HUD is owed the debt. When the Department is owed a debt by an employee of another agency, the other agency shall not initiate the requested offset until the Department provides the agency with a written certification that the debtor owes the Department a debt (including the amount and basis of the debt and the due date of the payment) and that the Department has complied with these regulations.

(b)When another agency is owed the debt. The Department may use salary offset against one of its employees who is indebted to another agency if requested to do so by that agency. Such a request must be accompanied by a certification by the requesting agency that the person owes the debt (including the amount) and that the employee has been given the procedural rights required by 5 U.S.C. 5514 and 5 5 CFR part 550, subpart K.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
The section you are viewing is cited by the following CFR sections.