24 CFR § 200.926a - Residential building code comparison items.
HUD will review each local and State code submitted under this subpart to determine whether it regulates all of the following areas and subareas:
(a) Fire Safety.
(1) Allowable height;
(2) Fire separations;
(3) Fire resistance requirements;
(4) Egress doors and windows;
(5) Unit smoke detectors;
(6) Flame spread.
(b) Light and ventilation.
(1) Habitable rooms;
(2) Bath and toilet rooms.
(c) Structural loads and seismic design.
(1) Design live loads;
(2) Design dead loads;
(3) Snow loads (for jurisdictions with snow loading conditions identified in Section 7 of ASCE-7-88 (formerly ANSI A58.1-82);
(4) Wind loads;
(5) Earthquake loads (for jurisdictions in seismic zones 3 or 4, as identified in Section 9 of ASCE-7-88 (formerly ANSI A58.1-82)).
(d) Foundation systems.
(1) Foundation depths;
(3) Foundation materials criteria.
(e) Materials standards.
(1) Materials standards.
(f) Construction components.
(5) Roof construction and covering;
(6) Chimneys and fireplaces.
(1) Thickness/area requirements;
(2) Safety glazing.
(1) Heating, cooling and ventilation systems;
(2) Gas, liquid and solid fuel piping and equipment;
(3) Chimneys and vents;
(4) Ventilation (air changes).
(1) Materials standards;
(2) Sizing and installing drainage systems;
(3) Vents and venting;
(6) Plumbing fixtures;
(7) Water supply and distribution;
(8) Sewage disposal systems.
(1) Branch circuits;
(4) Wiring methods;
(7) Outlets, switches and junction boxes;
The following state regulations pages link to this page.