24 CFR 203.402a - Reimbursement for uncollected interest.
The mortgagee shall be entitled to receive an allowance in the insurance settlement for unpaid mortgage interest if the mortgagor fails to meet the requirements of a forbearance agreement entered into pursuant to § 203.614 and this failure continues for a period of 60 days. The interest allowance shall be computed to:
(a) The earliest of the applicable following dates, except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section:
(1) The date of the initiation of foreclosure;
(2) The date of the acquisition of the property by the mortgagee by means other than foreclosure;
(3) The date the property was acquired by the Commissioner under a direct conveyance from the mortgagor;
(4) Ninety days following the date the mortgagor fails to meet the requirements of the forbearance agreement, or such other date as the Commissioner may approve in writing prior to the expiration of the 90-day period; or
(5) The date the mortgagee sends the mortgagor notice of eligibility to participate in the Pre-Foreclosure Sale procedure; or
(b) The date foreclosure is initiated or a deed in lieu is obtained, or the date such actions were required by § 203.355(c), whichever is earlier, if the commencement of foreclosure within the time limits described in § 203.355(a), (b), (g), or (h) is precluded by:
(1) The laws of the State in which the mortgaged property is located; or
(2) Federal bankruptcy law.
Title 24 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 203 after this date.