24 CFR 236.760 - Change in tenant income status.

§ 236.760 Change in tenant income status.

Appropriate adjustments will be made in rental assistance payments to reflect changes in income or other circumstances which are reported by a tenant and verified or are shown by the annual tenant income recertification, as required by § 236.80. Rental assistance payments will be discontinued when it is determined by the Secretary that the amount the tenant is required to pay for rent, in accordance with § 236.735, is sufficient to pay the approved basic monthly rental (plus, where applicable, the established utility allowance) for the unit occupied by the tenant. Where a tenant is no longer entitled to rental assistance payments, he/she may continue to occupy the unit. The rents charged for the unit shall not exceed those specified in subpart A.

[ 48 FR 13982, Apr. 1, 1983]

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code
U.S. Code: Title 12 - BANKS AND BANKING