24 CFR 30.85 - Complaint.
(a)General. Upon the expiration of the period for the respondent to submit a response to the prepenalty notice, the official designated in subpart B of this part, or his or her designee (or the Mortgagee Review Board in actions under § 30.35) shall determine whether to seek a civil money penalty. Such determination shall be based upon a review of the prepenalty notice, the response, if any, and the factors listed at § 30.80. A determination by the Mortgagee Review Board to seek a civil money penalty shall be by a majority vote of the Board.
(b) If a determination is made to seek a civil money penalty, government counsel shall issue a complaint to the respondent on behalf of the officials listed at subpart B of this part or the Mortgagee Review Board for violations under § 30.35. The complaint shall be served upon respondent and simultaneously filed with the Office of Administrative Law Judges, and shall state the following:
(1) The factual basis for the decision to seek a penalty;
(2) The applicable civil money penalty statute;
(3) The amount of penalty sought;
(4) The right to submit a response in writing, within 15 days of receipt of the complaint, requesting a hearing on any material fact in the complaint, or on the appropriateness of the penalty sought;
(5) The address to which a response must be sent;
(6) That the failure to submit a response may result in the imposition of the penalty in the amount sought.
(c) A copy of this part and of 24 CFR part 26, subpart B, shall be included with the complaint.
(d)Service of the complaint. The complaint shall be served on the respondent by first class mail, personal delivery, or other means.
(e) Before taking an action under §§ 30.35 for violation of 12 U.S.C. § 1735f-14(b)(1)(D) or (F), 30.36, or 30.50 for violation of 12 U.S.C. 1723i(b)(1)(G) or (I), the Secretary shall inform the Attorney General of the United States, which may be accomplished by providing a copy of the complaint. The Secretary shall include in the body of the complaint a statement confirming that this action was taken.
Title 24 published on 02-Jun-2017 03:54
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 30 after this date.