24 CFR 35.125 - Notice of evaluation and hazard reduction activities.
The following activities shall be conducted if notice is required by subparts D and F through M of this part.
(a)Notice of evaluation or presumption. When evaluation is undertaken and lead-based paint or lead-based paint hazards are found to be present, or if a presumption is made that lead-based paint or lead-based paint hazards are present in accordance with the options described in § 35.120, the designated party shall provide a notice to occupants within 15 calendar days of the date when the designated party receives the report or makes the presumption. A visual assessment alone is not considered an evaluation for the purposes of this part. If only a visual assessment alone is required by this part, and no evaluation is performed, a notice of evaluation or presumption is not required.
(1) The notice of the evaluation shall include:
(i) A summary of the nature, dates, scope, and results of the evaluation;
(ii) A contact name, address and telephone number for more information, and to obtain access to the actual evaluation report; and
(iii) The date of the notice.
(2) The notice of presumption shall include:
(i) The nature and scope of the presumption;
(ii) A contact name, address and telephone number for more information; and
(iii) The date of the notice.
(1) Provide a notice to occupants not more than 15 calendar days after the hazard reduction activities (including paint stabilization) have been completed. Notice of hazard reduction shall include, but not be limited to:
(i) A summary of the nature, dates, scope, and results (including clearance) of the hazard reduction activities;
(ii) A contact name, address, and telephone number for more information;
(iv) The date of the notice.
(c)Availability of notices of evaluation, presumption, and hazard reduction activities.
(2) To the extent practicable, each notice shall be made available, upon request, in a format accessible to persons with disabilities (e.g., Braille, large type, computer disk, audio tape).
(3) Each notice shall be provided in the occupants' primary language or in the language of the occupants' contract or lease.
(ii) Distributing it to each occupied dwelling unit affected by the evaluation, presumption, or hazard reduction activity or serviced by common areas in which an evaluation, presumption or hazard reduction has taken place.
Title 24 published on 20-Apr-2017 03:34
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 35 after this date.
- 24 CFR 35.910 — Notices and Pamphlet.
- 24 CFR 35.1355 — Ongoing Lead-Based Paint Maintenance and Reevaluation Activities.
- 24 CFR 35.1110 — Notices and Pamphlet.
- 24 CFR 35.1225 — Child With an Elevated Blood Lead Level.
- 24 CFR 35.1210 — Notices and Pamphlet.
- 24 CFR 35.720 — Multifamily Properties Receiving Up to $5,000 Per Unit, and Single Family Properties.
- 24 CFR 35.830 — Child With an Elevated Blood Lead Level.
- 24 CFR 35.730 — Child With an Elevated Blood Lead Level.
- 24 CFR 35.1015 — Visual Assessment, Paint Stabilization, and Maintenance.
- 24 CFR 35.1010 — Notices and Pamphlet.
- 24 CFR 35.615 — Notices and Pamphlet.
- 24 CFR 35.1130 — Child With an Elevated Blood Lead Level.
- 24 CFR 35.710 — Notices and Pamphlet.
- 24 CFR 35.1215 — Activities at Initial and Periodic Inspection.
- 24 CFR 35.1320 — Lead-Based Paint Inspections, Paint Testing, Risk Assessments, Lead-Hazard Screens, and Reevaluations.
- 24 CFR 35.310 — Notices and Pamphlet.
- 24 CFR 35.810 — Notices and Pamphlet.