24 CFR 81.72 - Public-use database and public information.
(a) General. Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, the Secretary shall establish and make available for public use, a public-use database containing public data as defined in § 81.2.
(b) Examination of submissions. Following receipt of mortgage data and AHAR information from the GSEs, the Secretary shall, as expeditiously as possible, examine the submissions for mortgage data and AHAR information that:
(1) Has been deemed to be proprietary information under this part by a temporary order, final order, or regulation in effect at the time of submission;
(2) Has been designated as proprietary information by the GSE in accordance with § 81.73;
(3) Would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy if such data or information were released to the public; or
(4) Is required to be withheld or, in the determination of the Secretary, is not appropriate for public disclosure under other applicable laws and regulations, including the Trade Secrets Act (18 U.S.C. 1905) and Executive Order 12600.
(c) Public data and proprietary data. The Secretary shall place public data in the public-use database. The Secretary shall exclude from the public-use database and from public disclosure:
(1) All mortgage data and AHAR information within the scope of paragraphs (b)(1), (b)(3), and (b)(4) of this section;
(2) Any other mortgage data and AHAR information under (b)(2) when determined by the Secretary under § 81.74 to be proprietary information; and
(d) Access. The Secretary shall provide such means as the Secretary determines are reasonable for the public to gain access to the public-use database. To obtain access to the public-use database, the public should contact the Director, Office of Government-Sponsored Enterprises, Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 Seventh Street, S.W., Washington, DC 20410, telephone (202) 708-2224 (this is not a toll-free number).
Title 24 published on 2014-04-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 24 CFR Part 81.