24 CFR 881.501 - The contract.
(a) Contract. The Housing Assistance Payments Contract sets forth rights and duties of the owner and the contract administrator with respect to the project and the housing assistance payments. The owner and contract administrator execute the Contract in the form prescribed by HUD upon satisfactory completion of the project.
(1) Payments to the owner to assist eligible families leasing assisted units, and
(2) Payments to the owner for vacant assisted units (“vacancy payments”) if the conditions specified in § 881.611 are satisfied.
(d) Amount of housing assistance payments to owner.
(1) The amount of the housing assistance payment made to the owner of a unit being leased by an eligible family is the difference between the contract rent for the unit and the tenant rent payable by the family.
(2) A housing assistance payment will be made to the owner for a vacant assisted unit in an amount equal to 80 percent of the contract rent for the first 60 days of vacancy, subject to the conditions in § 881.611. If the owner collects any tenant rent or other amount for this period which, when added to this vacancy payment, exceeds the contract rent, the excess must be repaid as HUD directs.
(3) For a vacancy that exceeds 60 days, a housing assistance payment for the vacant unit will be made, subject to the conditions in § 881.611, in an amount equal to the principal and interest payments required to amortize that portion of the debt attributable to the vacant unit for up to 12 additional months.
(e) Payment of utility reimbursement. Where applicable, the Utility Reimbursement will be paid to the Family as an additional Housing Assistance Payment. The Contract will provide that the Owner will make this payment on behalf of the contract administrator. Funds for this purpose will be paid to the Owner in trust solely for the purpose of making the additional payment. If the Family and the utility company consent, the Owner may pay the Utility Reimbursement jointly to the Family and the utility company or directly to the utility company.
Title 24 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 881 after this date.