24 CFR 941.608 - Technical processing and approval.
(a) Initial screening. HUD shall perform an initial screening to determine that all documentation required as part of the proposal under § 941.606 has been submitted. HUD will advise the PHA of any deficiencies in the proposal and indicate that additional information will be accepted if it is received by a specified date.
(b) Technical processing. Upon determining that a proposal is acceptable for technical processing, HUD will evaluate the proposal to determine:
(1) Whether the PHA has the legal authority necessary to develop public housing units through the establishment of an owner entity and the use of mixed-finance strategies in accordance with this subpart;
(2) Whether the proposed sources and uses of funds set forth in the proposal are eligible and reasonable, and whether HUD's preliminary assessment of the financing and other documentation establishes to HUD's satisfaction that the mixed-finance development is viable and is structured so as to adequately protect the Federal investment of funds in the development. For this purpose, HUD will consider (among other factors) the PHA's proposed methodology for allocating operating subsidies on behalf of the public housing units; the projected revenues to be generated by any non-public housing units in a mixed-finance development; and the l0-year operating pro forma and other information contained in the proposal;
(3) If applicable, whether the public housing units in the proposed development will be comparable in size, location, external appearance and distribution within the development to the non-public housing units;
(4) If public housing development funds are to be used to pay for more than the pro rata cost of common area improvements, whether the proposal ensures that:
(i) On a per unit basis (taking into consideration the number of public housing units for which funds have been reserved) the PHA will not exceed TDC limits; and
(5) Whether the proposal complies with all program requirements including, if applicable, any comments received from the unit of general local government pursuant to section 213 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 (42 U.S.C. 1439) (see 24 CFR part 791, subpart C); and
(6) Whether the proposal is approvable following completion by HUD of an environmental review in accordance with the requirements of 24 CFR part 50.
(c) Proposal approval. HUD shall send a notification letter to the PHA stating that the proposal has been approved or disapproved. For approved proposals, the letter shall indicate the approved total development cost of the public housing units in the development. HUD will also send to the PHA for execution an ACC amendment and/or a grant agreement. If the PHA has already executed a front-end ACC amendment, HUD will send to the PHA for execution a special ACC amendment for the mixed-finance development (and/or a grant agreement). The PHA shall execute these documents and return them to HUD for execution.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.