(a) If HUD awards a PHA program funding that is targeted for families living in specified units:
(1) The PHA must use the assistance for the families living in these units.
(2) The PHA may admit a family that is not on the PHA waiting list, or without considering the family's waiting list position. The PHA must maintain records showing that the family was admitted with HUD-targeted assistance.
(b) The following are examples of types of program funding that may be targeted for a family living in a specified unit:
(1) A family displaced because of demolition or disposition of a public housing project;
(2) A family residing in a multifamily rental housing project when HUD sells, forecloses or demolishes the project;
(3) For housing covered by the Low Income Housing Preservation and Resident Homeownership Act of 1990 ( 41 U.S.C. 4101et seq.):
(i) A non-purchasing family residing in a project subject to a homeownership program (under 24 CFR 248.173); or
(ii) A family displaced because of mortgage prepayment or voluntary termination of a mortgage insurance contract (as provided in 24 CFR 248.165);
(4) A family residing in a project covered by a project-based Section 8 HAP contract at or near the end of the HAP contract term; and
(5) A non-purchasing family residing in a HOPE 1 or HOPE 2 project.