(a) If HUD awards a PHAprogram funding that is targeted for families living in specified units:
(1) The PHAmust use the assistance for the families living in these units.
(2) The PHAmay admit a family that is not on the PHA waiting list, or without considering the family's waiting list position. The PHAmust maintain records showing that the family was admitted with HUD-targeted assistance.
(b) The following are examples of types of program funding that may be targeted for a family living in a specified unit:
(1) A family displaced because of demolition or disposition of a public housing project;
(2) A family residing in a multifamily rental housing project when HUD sells, forecloses or demolishes the project;
(3) For housing covered by the Low Income Housing Preservation and Resident Homeownership Act of 1990 (41 U.S.C. 4101et seq.):