24 CFR 982.301 - Information when family is selected.
(a)PHA briefing of family.
(i) A description of how the program works;
(2) An explanation of how portability works. The PHAmay not discourage the family from choosing to live anywhere in the PHAjurisdiction, or outside the PHAjurisdiction under portability procedures, unless otherwise expressly authorized by statute, regulation, PIH Notice, or court order. The familymust be informed of how portabilitymay affect the family's assistance through screening, subsidy standards, payment standards, and any other elements of the portability process which may affect the family's assistance.
(3) The briefing must also explain the advantages of areas that do not have a high concentration of low-income families.
(5) In briefing a welfare-to-work family, the PHAmust include specification of any local obligations of a welfare-to-work family and an explanation that failure to meet these obligations is grounds for PHAdenial of admission or termination of assistance.
(3) How the PHA determines the maximum rent for an assisted unit;
(4) Where the familymaylease a unit and an explanation of how portability works, including information on how portabilitymay affect the family's assistance through screening, subsidy standards, payment standards, and any other elements of the portability process which may affect the family's assistance.
(9) Materials (e.g., brochures) on how to select a unit and any additional information on selecting a unit that HUD provides.
(10) Information on federal, State and local equal opportunity laws, and a copy of the housing discrimination complaint form;
(11) A list of landlords known to the PHA who may be willing to lease a unit to the family or other resources (e.g., newspapers, organizations, online search tools) known to the PHA that may assist the family in locating a unit. PHAs must ensure that the list of landlords or other resources covers areas outside of poverty or minority concentration.
(15) The advantages of areas that do not have a high concentration of low-income families.
Title 24 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 982 after this date.
Title 24 published on 2015-08-22.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 24.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.