(a) Violation of HQS space standards.
(1) If the PHA determines that a unit does not meet the HQS space standards because of an increase in family size or a change in family composition, the PHA must issue the family a new voucher, and the family and PHA must try to find an acceptable unit as soon as possible.
(2) If an acceptable unit is available for rental by the family, the PHA must terminate the HAP contract in accordance with its terms.
(b) Termination. When the PHA terminates the HAP contract under paragraph (a) of this section:
(1) The PHA must notify the family and the owner of the termination; and
(2) The HAP contract terminates at the end of the calendar month that follows the calendar month in which the PHA gives such notice to the owner.
(3) The family may move to a new unit in accordance with § 982.354.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2577-0169)
[60 FR 34695
, July 3, 1995, as amended at 60 FR 45661
, Sept. 1, 1995; 64 FR 26647
14, 1999; 80 FR 8246
, Feb. 17, 2015; 80 FR 50575
, Aug. 20, 2015]