24 CFR 982.615 - Shared housing: Occupancy.

prev | next
§ 982.615 Shared housing: Occupancy.

(a)Sharing a unit. An assisted family may reside in shared housing. In shared housing, an assisted family shares a unit with the other resident or residents of the unit. The unit may be a house or an apartment.

(b)Who may share a dwelling unit with assisted family? (1) If approved by the PHA, a live-in aide may reside with the family to care for a person with disabilities. The PHA must approve a live-in aide if needed as a reasonable accommodation so that the program is readily accessible to and usable by persons with disabilities in accordance with 24 CFR part 8. See § 982.316 concerning occupancy by a live-in aide.

(2) Other persons who are assisted under the tenant-based program, or other persons who are not assisted under the tenant-based program, may reside in a shared housing unit.

(3) The owner of a shared housing unit may reside in the unit. A resident owner may enter into a HAP contract with the PHA. However, housing assistance may not be paid on behalf of an owner. An assisted person may not be related by blood or marriage to a resident owner.

[ 63 FR 23865, Apr. 30, 1998, as amended at 80 FR 8247, Feb. 17, 2015]

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code