25 CFR 169.8 - Public survey.

Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 169.8 May tribes administer this part on BIA's behalf?

A tribe or tribal organization may contract or compact under the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 450f et seq.) to administer on BIA's behalf any portion of this part that is not a grant, approval, or disapproval of a right-of-way document, waiver of a requirement for right-of-way grant or approval (including but not limited to waivers of fair market value and valuation), cancellation of a right-of-way, or an appeal. Applicants may inquire at either the BIA office or the tribal office to determine whether the tribe has compacted or contracted to administer realty functions.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code

Title 25 published on 2015-04-01

The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 25 CFR Part 169 after this date.

  • 2015-11-19; vol. 80 # 223 - Thursday, November 19, 2015
    1. 80 FR 72492 - Rights-of-Way on Indian Land
      GPO FDSys XML | Text
      DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR, Bureau of Indian Affairs
      Final rule.
      This rule is effective on December 21, 2015.
      25 CFR Part 169