25 CFR 170.124 - How can a Tribe obtain funds?

§ 170.124 How can a Tribe obtain funds?

(a) To receive funding for programs that serve recreation, tourism, and trails goals, a Tribe should:

(1) Identify a program meeting the eligibility guidelines for the funds and have it ready for development; and

(2) Have a viable project ready for improvement or construction, including necessary permits.

(b) Tribes seeking to obtain funding from a State under the programs identified in § 170.123(b) through (f) should contact the State directly to determine eligibility, contracting opportunities, funding mechanisms, and project administration requirements. These funds would be made available as provided by § 170.627 of this part.

(c) In order to expend any Federal transportation funds, a Tribe must ensure that the eligible project/program is listed on an FHWA-approved TIP or STIP.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code