25 CFR 170.142 - How can tribes obtain funds to perform highway safety projects?

Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 170.142 How can tribes obtain funds to perform highway safety projects?

There are two methods to obtain National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and other FHWA safety funds for highway safety projects:

(a) FHWA provides safety funds to BIA under 23 U.S.C. 402. BIA annually solicits proposals from tribes for use of these funds. Proposals are processed under 25 CFR part 181. Tribes may obtain a contract or agreement under ISDEAA for these projects.

(b) FHWA provides funds to the States under 23 U.S.C. 402, 405, 408, and 410. States annually solicit proposals from tribes and local governments. Tribes may request:

(1) To administer these programs under the State's locally administered project program; or

(2) That for projects that are otherwise contractible under Public Law 93-638 (25 U.S.C. 450 et seq.), that the State return the funds to FHWA and have them transferred to BIA for tribal self-determination contracts or self-governance agreements under ISDEAA.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code