25 CFR 170.2 - What policies govern the TTP?
(a) The Secretaries' policy for the TTP is to:
(1) Provide a uniform and consistent set of rules;
(2) Foster knowledge of the programs by providing information about them and the opportunities that they create;
(3) Facilitate Tribal planning, conduct, and administration of the programs;
(5) Make available all contractible non-inherently Federal administrative functions under self-determination contracts, self-governance agreements, program agreements, and other appropriate agreements; and
(b) Where this part differs from provisions in the ISDEAA, this part should advance the policy of increasing Tribal autonomy and discretion in program operation.
(c) This part is designed to enable Indian Tribes to participate in all contractible activities of the TTP. The Secretaries will afford Indian Tribes the flexibility, information, and discretion to design transportation programs under self-determination contracts, self-governance agreements, programagreements, and other appropriate agreements to meet the needs of their communities consistent with this part.
(d) Programs, functions, services, and activities, regardless of how they are administered, are an exercise of Indian Tribes' self-determination and self-governance.
(1) The Tribe is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of its contracted Federal programs, functions, services, and activities.
(i) Use of the funds; and
(3) The Secretary will continue to discharge the trust responsibilities to protect and conserve the trust resources of Tribes and the trust resources of individual Indians.
(f) The administrative functions referenced in paragraph (a)(5) of this section are contractible without regard to the organizational level within the DOI that carries out these functions. Including TTP administrative functions under self-determination contracts, self- governance agreements, program agreements or other appropriate agreements, does not limit or reduce the funding for any program or service serving any other Tribe.
(h) This part must be liberally construed for the benefit of Tribes and to implement the Federal policy of self-determination and self-governance.
Title 25 published on 2015-11-23
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 25 CFR Part 170 after this date.
Title 25 published on 2015-11-23.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 25.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.