(a) Pre-project planning is part of overall transportation planning and includes the activities conducted before final project approval on the IRR Transportation Improvement Program (IRRTIP). These activities include;
(1) Preliminary project cost estimates;
(2) Certification of public involvement;
(3) Consultation and coordination with States and/or MPO's for a regionally significant projects;
(4) Preliminary needs assessments; and
(5) Preliminary environmental and archeological reviews.
(b) The BIA regional office must work cooperatively with tribal, state, regional, and metropolitan transportation planning organizations concerning the leveraging of funds from non-IRR Program sources and identification of other funding sources to expedite the planning, design, and construction of projects on the IRRTIP.
Title 25 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.