25 CFR 256.13 - How do I apply for the Housing Improvement Program?

§ 256.13 How do I apply for the Housing Improvement Program?
(a) First, you must obtain an application, BIA Form 6407, from your nearest servicing housing office.
(b) Second, you must complete and sign BIA Form 6407.
(c) Third, you must submit your completed and signed application to your servicing housing office. Submission to the nearest BIA housing office does not preclude tribal approval of the application.
(d) Fourth, you must furnish documentation proving tribal membership. Examples of acceptable documentation include a copy of your Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) or a copy of your tribal membership card.
(e) Fifth, you must provide proof of income from all permanent members of your household.
(1) You must submit signed copies of current 1040 tax returns from all permanent members of the household, including W-2's and all other attachments.
(2) You must provide proof of all other income from all permanent members of the household. This includes unearned income such as social security, general assistance, retirement, and unemployment benefits.
(3) If you or other household members did not file a tax return, you must submit a signed notarized statement explaining why you did not.
(f) Sixth, you must furnish a copy of your annual trust income statement from your Individual Indian Money (IIM) account, for royalty, lease, and other monies, from your home agency. If you do not have an account, you must furnish a statement from your home agency to that effect.
(g) Seventh, you must provide proof of ownership of the residence and/or land:
(1) For fee property, you must provide a copy of a fully executed Warranty Deed, which is available at your local county court house;
(2) For trust property, you must provide certification from your home agency;
(3) For tribally owned land, you must provide a copy of a properly executed tribal assignment, certified by the agency; or
(4) For multi-owner property, you must provide a copy of a properly executed lease.
[63 FR 10134, Mar. 2, 1998, as amended at 67 FR 77921, Dec. 20, 2002]

Title 25 published on 2014-04-01.

No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 25 CFR Part 256.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code

Title 25 published on 2014-04-01

The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 25 CFR Part 256 after this date.

  • 2015-01-28; vol. 80 # 18 - Wednesday, January 28, 2015
    1. 80 FR 4520 - Housing Improvement Program
      GPO FDSys XML | Text
      DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR, Bureau of Indian Affairs
      Proposed rule; correction; tribal consultation session information.
      Comments on the proposed rule must be received by March 6, 2015. See the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document for dates of tribal consultation sessions.
      25 CFR Part 256