25 CFR 256.9 - When do I qualify for Category B assistance?

§ 256.9 When do I qualify for Category B assistance?

You qualify for renovation assistance under Category B if you meet all of the following criteria:

(a) Your servicing housing office determines that it is cost effective to renovate the house.

(b) You occupy and own the house.

(c) Your servicing housing office determines that the renovation will bring the house to standard housing condition according to all applicable building codes.

(d) You sign a written agreement stating that, if you sell the house before satisfaction of the Payback Agreement you will be required to repay the tribe, tribal organization that administers the HIP, or BIA the remaining balance according to the terms of the Payback Agreement:

(1) The grant under this part will be voided; and

(2) At the time of settlement of the sale of the house, you will repay the tribe or tribal organization that operates the HIP or BIA the full cost of all renovations made under this part.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code